CTB-DR Fellowship Training Program
-One of the specific missions of our center is the participation in educational programs in the biomedical engineering and related disciplines. The training of PhD, Master and Graduate students is among the main priorities and objectives of CTB for future selection and incorporation of young scientists in our University. In the CTB we want deal for the formation and training of students from our University (UPM) or other Spanish and foreign Universities, students who are key pieces of the machinery that moves forward the research in our country.
-The CTB-Discovery Research Graduate/Master fellowship Training Program provides paid training opportunities for undergraduate/recent graduate and Master students interested in working on biomedical engineering research. All CTB-DR fellows work with a mentor, an experienced researcher or senior staff member; assist with a research project (degree or master project) related with biomedical engineering (related disciplines). Students also participate in the Discovery Research program through short-term rotations in different CTB laboratories, distinct to that one in which the fellows perform their final project.
We have organized the CTB scholarship program that follows, which is an essential part of the Discovery Research Program:
- This is a scholarship program for undergraduates or/and master students from the UPM (or other Spanish or foreign institutions) who would like make his/her final project (degree or Master) in a group or our center.
- Students interested should contact by phone or by email with those groups with whom they wish to carry out their final project. A list of projects and groups is showed below. You can also get access to the current fellowship positions, specific conditions of each group and available projects by clicking below. Detailed information about different groups can be obtained from our website (CTB laboratories).
- Each laboratory will have their own criteria of competitive selection for best candidates. Every selected student will receive 1.500 € (fellowship) for academic year.
- During the execution of the project in a specific laboratory, all students are required to complete four weeks research rotations (during February) in two other different laboratories as part of the Discovery Research Program (click also the link below for additional information)**.
** During January 2015, selected students will be contacted to choose laboratories and start rotations. For undergraduate UPM students, the Discovery Research program provides 3 ECTS as “actividades acreditables de grado”.
1. Laboratory: Biological Networks
a) Title: “Análisis de Redes Funcionales Cerebrales”
Mentor: Javier Martín Buldú
b) Títle: Estudio sobre la evolución de la conectividad de la red en cultivos neuronales.
Mentor: Daniel de Santos Sierra, Irene Sendiña Nadal
c) Title: Modelización de la dinámica neuronal emergente de redes neuronales in vitro
Mentor: Inmaculada Leyva, Irene Sendiña Nadal
2. Laboratory: Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
a) Title: “Estudio de conectividad en el espacio de fuentes en quejas subjetivas de memoria”
Mentor: Fernando Maestú
3. Laboratory: Data Mining and Simulation
a) Title: “Detectión de la negación e hipotesis en historias clinicas digitales en español”
Mentor: Roberto Costumero & Ernestina Menasalvas
4. Laboratory: Experimental and Computational Neurology. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
a) Title: “Design and construction of a DC amplifier for cortical spreading depolarization studies en animal models”
Mentor: Daniel González-Nieto & Milagros Ramos
5. Laboratory: Bioelectromagnetism
a) Title “Diseño y construcción de un dispositivo de estimulación magnética para su aplicación en procesos de artrosis mediante ortesis”
Mentor: Ceferino Maestú
6. Laboratory: Biomaterials and Regenerative Engineering
a) Title: “Preparación y caracterización de andamios para Ingeniería de Tejidos basados en biomateriales híbridos de fibroína/colágeno”
Mentor: Gustavo V. Guinea
7. Laboratory: Bioinstrumentation and Nanomedicine
a) Title: “Diseño y desarrollo de un bastón virtual para invidentes”
Mentor: José Javier Serrano Olmedo
8. Laboratory: Optics, Photonics and Biophotonics
a) Title: “Label-free optical proprieties of neurons and imaging by mean of localized reflectometry and ellipsometry”
Mentor: Irene Sendiña y Miguel Holgado
b) Title: “Read-out of sub-micro and Nano biosensors sensors by means of localized reflectometry and ellipsometry”
Mentor: Rafael Casquel and Miguel Holgado
c) Title: “Design and numerical simulation of arrays of resonant-nano biosensor”
Mentor: Rafael Casquel and Miguel Holgado
d) Title: “Antibodies immobilization for label-free Biosensors”
Mentor: María Fe Laguna and Miguel Holgado
e) Title: “Integrated label-free biosensors based on advanced optical interrogation”
Mentor: Francisco Javier Sanza and Miguel Holgado
9. Laboratory: Envejecimiento Activo y Saludable Salgado Alba
a) Title: “Uso de tecnologías de información y comunicaciones para facilitar el auto-cuidado en la ayuda al anciano frágil que vive de modo autónomo”
Mentor: Elena Villalba Mora
10.- Laboratory: Circuitos Corticales
a) Title: “Cortical Alterations in Brain Diseases: “Microorganization of the normal cerebral cortex and in pathological conditions”
Mentor: Lidia Alonso